Arcade44’s New York team first heard Discowhat on a starry night in Miami during Art Basel, when the wind whipped its way down Lincoln Ave and snapped at the already abbreviated skirts on revelers waiting to get into the Mr. Brainwash x Lovecat party. There was a good reason to wait outside in such blustery weather—Discowhat spinning his unique blend of dance floor gems. The Parisian-bred DJ toured all over Europe before linking with Brainwash and moving to LA in 2005. He is now the resident DJ for all of the artist’s events, explaining, “now I play only in careful, selected venues were I can play rare music that I want to share from my huge collection of vinyl.” Sounds good to us. Expect more rare goodness when Discowhat releases his first album in 2013. For now, dig on his podcast, only at Arcade44.
What is your inspiration for the A44 podcast?
For this podcast I tried to execute my own “Top 40.” A selection of disco, electro, house, latin, funk. This is a condensed exemple of my 4-hour mix.
How does music fuel your everyday?
Breakfast, lunch, dinner… and of course—the best—in the car.
What’s got you excited about music right now?
The disco/electro scene coming from London and Berlin. The French house music (so sexy).
- We Play – The Music We Play (Mam Remix)
- ClickCLick & Microbodies – Electric Mutation
- Bill Withers – Who is He (Tss Tss remix)
- Digitalism – Zdarlight
- Nicolas Jaar – Re-Edits The Beach
- Cerrone – Back Track
- Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You (Bibi & Dim’s Anthem from Paris Mix)
- Cassius – 99
- St Germain – Soul Salsa Soul (Remix)
- Fast Track – Someone Like You feat. Camille
- Dr Dunks – Everybody Get None
- Inxec vs Droog – Westbound