Having remixed everyone from Chromeo to Empire of the Sun to Fergie (“Glamorous”—whaa?) and crafted “Cross the Dancefloor,” 2010 is looking shiny for ATL dancefloor don DJ Treasure Fingers. He’s gearing up for a massive year as he prepares to launch an international tour, a remix CD, and a brand-new single this spring. In the meantime, he’s gifted our arcade players with an exclusive podcast, sure to whet the appetite with some witty, sassy, synthed-out drum breaks.
How do you describe your sound?
I would describe it as funk. Whether it’s house, electro, disco or whatever, it’s always funky. Zapp & Roger (Roger Troutman) is my biggest influence.
What made you want to make music your life?
I’ve always had huge love and passion to write and produce music, but always looked at it more of a hobby early on in my career. It’s only been in the past two years that I’ve been doing only music to support myself financially.
What’s got you excited about music right now?
The return of disco house. I was so into it in the mid/late 90s and now there’s tons of young kids that are making it, and doing it really well.
- nightriders – a love feeling
- malente – i like it (riva starr snatch! mix)
- popcop – whenever you’re ready
- treasure fingers – close to me feat. vega (unfinished teaser clip)
- the phantoms revenge – machine gun girl
- moulinex – lover in me
- empire of the sun – walking on a dream (treasure fingers remix)
- felix ad housecoat – ready 2 wear (u-tern’s evening wear edit)
- don diablo – disco disco disco (treasure fingers cutup edit)
- classics – i’ll get you feat. jeppe (treasure fingers remix)
- swivel hips – no future for you
- nightriders – the beginning